Subheader

A forever in-work compendium of Marvel and DC canon immigrants. What's a canon immigrant? Go here to find out!

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Smallville Crows

Minor details are often canon immigrants, but that can be tricky for me to prove because it's hard to say for sure I'm right without reading through every possible appearance. So I do my best to support my case; if you can evidence that proves me wrong, let me know!

Today we'll be talking about Smallville High's mascot. It seems like, for most of history, Smallville's mascot was whatever the creators wanted it to be at the time. In Superboy #121 (April 1965), it was the Tigers.


While they were the Smallville Giants in Adventures of Superman #474 (November 1990).


And Smallville had them as the Crows ("Pilot", 2001).


In Action Comics #791 (May 2002), which I should point out was published at the end of Smallville season one, the team is also called the Crows.


Superman/Batman Secret Files & Origins (September 2003) continues this trend during a story about Lex's time in high school...another thing Smallville re-established.


I can't find any evidence of the Smallville High team name after these appearances, so I have no idea if it's still the Crows or not. But, for a time at least, it was.

1 comment:

  1. The Smallville Crows were named after the Australian Rules AFL team the Adelaide Crows (one of the crew was from Adelaide). There's a USAFL team the Austin Crows named after them too.

    ReplyDelete