Subheader

A forever in-work compendium of Marvel and DC canon immigrants. What's a canon immigrant? Go here to find out!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Character Spotlight: Kingslayer

I know it's been a while since I've updated. The back-to-back TMNT and Batman Beyond projects took a lot out of me, and then I've been busy with work. On the plus side, that means I have a backlog so you'll be getting one a week for at least the next two months.

Let's get started with a deep cut! (Brought to my attention by user austinpopdan - thanks!)

In Superman #48 (January 2016), an assassin named Kingslayer attacks a conference at Central City University, but is stopped by Steve Trevor and Superman.


But this wasn't Kingslayer's first appearance! (If it were, he wouldn't be on this site). He actually debuted in the Super Friends tie-in comic, issue 11 (March 1978). In that issue, his goal - true to his name - was to take down the heads of Atlantis, Gorilla City, Sardonia, Valdania, Kaliph, and Graustania. He believed he was working for a crime lord, but he was ultimately getting his orders from Overlord, a guy who wanted to be king of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment