Subheader

A forever in-work compendium of Marvel and DC canon immigrants. What's a canon immigrant? Go here to find out!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Team Spotlight: Mighty Avengers

Normally I don't include things like this, but I keep feeling like I should in this case, so I'm just getting it out of the way.

The Mighty Avengers, the team, is original to comics. Most of the characters on the team are original to comics. But this team - at least at the start - is so blatantly patterned on Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) that I feel I have to say something. Here is the team in Ultimate Spider-Man - Spider-Man, Power Man (Luke Cage), Iron Fist, White Tiger, and Nova:


And here is the original Mighty Avengers line-up in Mighty Avengers #1 (September 2013) - Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Power Man, White Tiger, and Spectrum:

Clearly, it's not exact. This Spider-Man is Doctor Octopus, for one thing, and there's no Iron Fist or Nova. On the other hand, the teen Power Man looks similar to the animated version and has powers similar to Iron Fist, and Spectrum has similar powers and a similar logo to Nova. So even though it's not 100% the same, it's still a 1-to-1 match and I think that's probably worth noting.

No comments:

Post a Comment